Did you know the Market accepts food stamps?
Here’s how to use the program:
1. Come to the red market information booth with your card
2. Tell the wonderful Unitarian Volunteer at the booth how much money you would like to withdraw
3. Enter your PIN
4. Receive the wooden SCRIPT (tokens) the volunteer hands you
5. Spend your wooden SCRIPT at participating booths, just like you would cash
The wooden SCRIPT are just wooden tokens in $1 increments. $1 are only used for the EBT/Food Stamp program.
Rules for $1 Tokens – (purple tokens)
• Only food stamp recipients can purchase $1 tokens using their Idaho Quest card (EBT/Food Stamps Only).
• $1 tokens are good for most food items: fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meats, seeds, baked goods to be taken home, and plants intended for growing food.
• $1 tokens are NOT GOOD FOR: non-food items, ready-to-eat foods, hot foods.
• By law, change may not be given for purchases with $1 tokens. Where possible, vendors are encouraged to make up the difference in product to bring the purchase total to a whole $ value.
• Tokens do NOT expire and can always be used at The Capital City Public Market.
• For more information about the Idaho Food Stamp program, contact the USDA Food & Nutrition Center 503-326-5971.
Please Note: $1 Tokens should never be given as change for any reason.
Any misuse of the $1 tokens compromises our eligibility to participate in the EBT program. We greatly value the opportunity to offer this service to our customers, please help us maintain our eligibility by following these guidelines.