- 2 Italian eggplants (10 ounces each), halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Mediterranean olives from Urban Rustic Gourmet
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch of red-pepper flake
Preheat your oven to 400. Place eggplant on a baking sheet cut side up, mix 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic together, brush on and sprinkle with salt. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
At the same time toss the peppers with salt and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until just beginning to get tender.
Cool slightly, and scrape into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth. Chop the olives, oregano and lemon zest together, place in a mixing bowl and combine with eggplant mixture season with salt and red pepper flakes.
Cut out stem and seeds from pepper and stuff with the eggplant mixture, serve room temperature.